SEND at Grange Primary School
SENCO: Miss K Brougham and Mrs T Phillipson
SEN Governor: Mrs K. Durham
A full copy of our school's SEND Local Offer and SEN Information Report Nov 2016 can be downloaded by clicking the links below.
To view the Local Authorities Local Offer click on this link, NE Lincs SEND Local Offer
From September 2014
• No more statements will be issued by the Local Authority. Statements have been replaced by Education, Health and Care plans (EHC Plans) which can be used to support children from birth-25 years.
• School Action and School Action Plus have been replaced by one school based category of Need known as ‘Special Education Needs Support’ (SENS). All children are closely monitored, and their progress tracked each term. Those at SENS are additionally tracked by the SENCO.
There are four broad categories of SEN:
- communication and interaction
- cognition and learning
- social, emotional and mental health
- physical and sensory.
We have children in all these categories of SEN.
• We are working more closely with parents and children to ensure that take into account the child’s own views and aspirations and the parents’ experience of, and hopes for, their child. Parents are invited to be involved at every stage of planning and reviewing SEN provision for their child.
• All children benefit from ‘Quality First Teaching’: this means that teachers expect to assess, plan and teach all children at the level which allows them to make progress with their learning. In addition, we implement some focused interventions to target particular skills.
• We have high expectations of all our children. Children on our SEN register make progress which compares well with the progress made by other children in school.
Please use the links below to download a copy of any of our SEN documents.
Papercopies of any of the dcouments below can be obtained, free of charge, from the School Office.